Actor-comedian Aziz Ansari has created a delicious fluffy, egg-white frittata packed with slices of zucchini, mushrooms and Italian Soppressata salami. Learn how to prepare at home.
When asked where did his cooking skill come from, Ansari told people.com: “Over the summer, I took a brief vacation to Italy and learned how to make these very tasty frittatas from a lovely Italian lady named Graziela.”
“This recipe is very malleable. You can make it with egg whites, full on eggs, change up the veggies, I enjoy spinach and onions.
“I personally would keep the Parmigiano Reggiano and zucchini as constants. They seem to work really well in frittatas to me,” Ansari added.
– Two table spoon olive oil
– One medium zucchini, thinly sliced
– Four oz. white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
– Three egg whites, beaten
– One-fourth cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (or Parmesan cheese), grated
– Two oz. Soppressata (or Italian salami), thinly sliced
– Salt and pepper (to taste)
– Preheat the oven to 350.
– In a medium, oven-proof, non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook until tender, about two minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about two minutes.
– Pour the beaten egg whites into the pan, add the Parmesan cheese and salami, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine the ingredients. Cover and cook for four minutes without stirring.
– Remove the cover, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until set, about three to four minutes.
Serve and enjoy!