Kale is becoming popular for it’s nutritional value these days. Kale is a leafy green which is high in Beta Carotene, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. It has anti-cancer properties also. So why not add Kale in your everyday dishes to make them healthier? Here is how my routine Fried Rice has been transformed into healthy Kale Fried Rice with a little touch of Kale and Leaks!
- Place the Wok on Stove and add Oil immediately. ( Wok gets hot pretty quickly, don’t heat the Oil for long to avoid the burning). Add Crushed Red Pepper flakes followed by soy sauce.
- Add thawed mixed vegetables and mix with soy sauce and stir fry for 2 min. Make sure the veggies don’t loose their color and crunch. Now add salt, black pepper, Chili Garlic Sauce and mix well until it coats the veggies.
- Add Kale to the wok. and stir fry for 1 min ( until the leaves are wilted).
- Add 4 cups of cooked rice to the wok and mix it very well until it combines well with veggies and coated with spices. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Switch off the stove garnish with spring onion and serve hot immediately. or Let it cool for some time and pack it lunch boxes.