The festive season gives you all the more reason to go to the kitchen and prepare dishes for those who have a sweet tooth. Try this recipe for moong dal halwa to make the celebrations more special.
Executive Chef Brij Sharma at The Chalets Naldehra shares his recipe:
– Dhuli moong dal (soaked): 1 cup
– Sugar: 1 cup
– One-and-a-half cup of water
– Ghee: 1 cup
– Khoya (crumbled): 3/4 cup
– Sliced almonds: 10 to 12
– Cashew nut: 8 to 10
– Soak moong daal for few hours. Drain and grind the dal coarsely with a small amount of water.
– Prepare one-string sugar syrup with one cup sugar and one-and-a-half cup of water.
– Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan and add the ground moong dal and saute, stirring continuously, over low heat till the dal turns golden brown.
– Add the sugar syrup.
– Stir till they are thoroughly incorporated and the halwa is of dropping consistency.
– Add mawa (khoya) and cook till it dissolves.
– Serve hot garnished with almonds.