When you don’t have Chicken handy, this Boiled Egg Masala Gravy curry will amaze your surprise guests. This is very simple masala curry prepared in Andhra Style where Boiled Eggs are cooked in Poppyseed, Coconut and CashewNut Masala. The subtle spices and creamy nutty masala gives great flavor making this curry unique and special, which goes well with White Rice or any Pulao or Coconut Rice!
Boiled Eggs – 4
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Clove – 2
Star Anice – 1
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Onion – 1/2 medium
Tomato – 2
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Poppy Seeds (Kush Kush) – 1 Tbsp
Cashew Nuts – 5
Coconut Powder – 2 Tbsp
Cilantro – 1 Tbsp
- Heat the non-stick pan and add 1 tsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Make slight slits to Boiled Eggs with knife. Add Eggs to the pan and coat with oil fry for 2 min.
- Make the Tomato Puree by grinding the tomato pieces into smooth paste.
- Soak Poppyseeds in the warm water for 15 minutes ( this makes them become soft which helps in grinding to get smooth paste)
- Grind the ingredients under Grind Masala section and grind them to smooth paste.
- In the same pan add 1 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot add masala spices in the order Cinnamon, Clove, Star Anice and Mustard Seeds. Once the mustard seeds splutter add chopped onion. saute for 2 min.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onions saute until the oil separates from the onion mixture. Add salt and turmeric powder to the onion mix and saute for 2 min.
- Now add tomato puree to the pan and mix it with onions. mix it until it comes together. Add red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix everything well. Close the lid and simmer for 2 min.
- Add the ground masala to the pan and mix it well. Add some water as needed to make it like more gravy. Close the lid and cook for 5 min.
- Add boiled eggs to the gravy and simmer for 5 min. Finally add garam masala and mix well. Taste and adjust all the seasonings and switch off the stove, transfer to serving bowl, garnish with Cilantro. Serve with White Rice or Pulao Rice!
For more recipes, visit www.yummyodds.com.