Today, I am bringing chicken cooked King’s style! This recipe is very rich and delicious, spicy and creamy. Mughlai style cooking varies from mild to spicy. Along with spices, nuts or yogurt paste is added to the dishes to give the curries a creamy texture and unique taste. I would say this dish stands in the middle on the spice scale and kids can handle this pretty well. Here is the recipe for Mughlai Chicken Korma!
Chicken – 2 lb ( 1 kg) ( bone-in chicken is preferred)
Salt – 1 tsp
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Onion Paste – 1/2 cup
Tomato Puree – 1 cup ( I have used Heinz Tin)
Curd – 1/2 cup ( Yogurt)
Cream – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kashmir Red Chili Powder – 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp ( freshly ground) for garnish
First wash and drain the chicken. Take chicken in the medium bowl. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to the chicken, rub it all over the chicken. Now add 1 tbsp lime juice, mix well and coat the chicken completely. Close the lid, set aside and marinate for at least 30 min in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in the non-stick pan. Add onion paste to the pan once the oil is hot. Saute it for 2 min, until the raw smell goes away.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the pan and mix it well with onion paste. Once the oil gets separate add turmeric powder and coriander powder. saute for 2 min.
- Add 1/2 cup curd mix well until curd mixes into onion paste. saute for 1 min.
- Now add marinated chicken to the pan and fry with oil and onion paste. fry for 2 min, Chicken starts changing color and becomes tender.
- Add 1 cup tomato puree to the pan and mix it well. Add 1 tsp salt and red chili powder. Add 1 cup of water. Close the lid and let the chicken cook with spices for 10 min on low heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream to the pan and mix it well, simmer for another 10 min. By now chicken should be cooked fully, taste and adjust salt as required.
- Now top with garam masala powder and simmer for 5 more minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves or spring onions and switch off the stove and transfer the korma into serving bowl and serve with soft roti/paratha or with white rice. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper for extra zing…right before serving!