Atlanta, GA: The National Federation of Indian American Associations (NFIA), an umbrella organization comprising of over 200 associations, representing over 3 million Americans who trace their roots to India, is seeking nominations for awards for outstanding achievements to be given at its 18th biennial convention in Cerritos,California, on the weekend of March 6-8, 2015. The last date to submit nominations with relevant documents about the nominee is January 26, 2015.
The 18th biennial convention will be held at the Cerritos Sheraton Hotel at 12725 Center Court Drive,Cerritos CA 90703.
The awards will be presented at the gala banquet, on March 7, 2015. The selected candidates must be present at the Award Ceremony.
Nominations are invited for outstanding accomplishments in the following categories:
1. Service to the Indian American community
3. Liberal and Fine Arts
4. Performing Arts
5. Medicine and Health Sciences
7. Engineering and Technology
8. Business and Finance
9. Mass Media-Radio, Television, Newspaper
10. Government and Non-Profit Institutions
Indian American associations and individuals are encouraged to nominate distinguished Indian Americans or institutions that have done an outstanding job in their chosen field and submit nominations at the address/email given below, with following documents:
1. a copy of the resume of the nominee
2. a copy each of the documents in support of qualifications (publications, awards, recognition letters, etc.); and
3. names, addresses and telephone number and e-mail address of two references
Awards Selection Committee
3818 Gleneagles Dr.
Telephone: 818 708-3885