This Cauliflower Biryani is simple to make, with slight variations to your routine Biryani. It looks special on the table. And if someone in your family does not like cauliflower, what better way to sneak it in than to turn it into Biryani? Who says no to Biryani, any way! You got the point, right? Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
Basmati Rice – 2 cups ( uncooked)
Onion – 1/2 medium
Green Chili – 2
Tomato – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Ghee – 1 Tbsp ( or butter)
Cinnamon – 2
Clove – 2
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Biryani Masala – 1 Tbsp ( I have used Shan Brand)
Salt – 1 tsp
Water – 4 cups
Cauliflower Florets – 1 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
salt – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili powder – 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Wash basmati rice and Drain in a colander, keep it aside in Colander.
- Wash Cauliflower florets in lukewarm water.
- Mix all the ingredients under marinade section in a small bowl. Coat cauliflowers with this yogurt spice mixture and set aside for 30 min.
- Chop green chilies, onions and tomatoes in length wise into thin slices.
- Heat the non-stick pan and add Oil and Ghee. Once it is hot, add cumin seeds, Cinnamon Stick, Clove.
- Add chopped onion and green chili slices. Saute them for 2 min, then add Ginger & Garlic paste. Saute until the oil separates from onion mixture. Add tomato slices and mix it well. Give it a stir and cook for 2 min.
- Now add drained basmati rice to the pan and mix it with onions and spices. Add salt, Biryani Masala to the pan and coat the rice well with masala spices.
- Finally add Cauliflower Marinade to the pan and fold it in gently so that cauliflowers are spread with rice nicely.
- Now add 4 cups of water to the pan. Taste and adjust any seasonings and close the lid and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat until rice is cooked.
- After 20 min, check the rice consistency, if it is cooked properly, switch off the heat and leave it on the stove for 10 min.