What else would be comforting in this cold, calm and cozy winter, other than this Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup. You will get the little bit of every single vegetable in every spoonful of this soup. This recipe is a little time taking and lengthy process, but the good news is all the pain lies in waiting and being patient but not making you do extra work in cooking. I hope that’s a sweet pain you can handle and I promise all the wait is worthwhile and you will agree when you taste a spoonful of this wonderful soup at the end. This is a keeper recipe and will happen for Sunday Suppers in my kitchen from now-on. Stay Warm in this Winter with this Healthy Soup. Here is the recipe, enjoy!
Roma Tomato – 3
Chinese Egg Plant – 1( long) or 2 medium
Sweet Potato – 1
Carrot – 1
Onion – 1
Garlic – 10 cloves
Cilantro – 1/3 cup
salt – 2 tsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Paprika – 2 tsp
sugar – 1 tsp
Water – 3 Cups
Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Wash and Pat dry all the Vegetables
- Trim the Red Peppers remove the stems and de-seed and cut them into half ( length wise). Chop the Tomatoes into Half ( length wise).
- Cut the eggplant length wise and Cover the Eggplant in Aluminium Foil. Cover the Garlic in Aluminium Foil.
- Peel the Carrot and cut into 1 inch length long sticks. Quarter the Sweet Potato ( leaving the skin on)
- Remove the peel and Quarter the Onion.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 400 F
- Take a roasting pan and arrange all the vegetables in the Pan. Make sure Red peppers and Tomatoes are skin facing up.Bake the vegetables for 40 min
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and cover the Red Bell Peppers in a bowl with plastic wrap and leave them for 5 min allowing them to cool.
- Remove the Egg Plant from Foil, Roast in the oven again for 15 min.
- Take a Large stock pot and add Oil to it.start adding the roasted vegetables to the pot in the order Onion, Carrot, Garlic. Remove the Skins from Red Pepper, Tomato, Sweet Potato and add these to the pan.
- Reserve the juices from the Roasting Pan and add them to the pot after 5 min.
- Remove the Egg Plant from oven and let it cool and remove the skin, add the pulp to the pot.
- Add 1 tsp of salt, Paprika, coriander powder and let the vegetables simmer with spices.
- Add 1 Cup of water, add sugar, followed by Cilantro and let it simmer on low until the soup becomes thick.
- Taste and Adjust the seasonings, switch off the stove and let it cool for 10 min.
- Grind this in Mixie or Blender until it becomes like thick puree by adding 1 cup of water.
- Return this to the stock pot again and slowly simmer it by adding 1 cup of water.
- Now add remaining salt and freshly grind black pepper and leave it on high for 5 min. and switch off the stove.